Friday, November 9, 2007
Pine Cone Cakes
Every guest gets their own individual cake.
1. With an oval cookie cutter, cut eight ovals from the cake (or cut ovals freehand using a paring knife). Trim ovals to resemble real pine cones, creating the pointed tip on one end and a rounded base on the other; round off corners and top with the knife so that each little cake further takes on a pine cone shape.
2. Once cakes are frosted, arrange sliced almonds to look like the scales of a pine cone: Starting at the base, set almond slices at an angle and with pointy ends facing outward in a spiral pattern. Decorate row by row, overlapping slices slightly. Cover entire surface. For snow-covered pine cones, dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
Monday, November 5, 2007
Yummy Chocolate-Glazed Pumpkin Cookies
Makes 3 1/2 dozen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin-pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 can (15 ounces) pure pumpkin puree
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
Friday, November 2, 2007
Thursday, November 1, 2007
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Monday, October 29, 2007
An all time favorite, when you want to have a budget friendly starter. I just don't like losing my bread in the cheese, but it is quite tasty !!!
|1 1/2||cups diced process American cheese loaf (8 oz)|
|1||tablespoon Worcestershire sauce|
|1||tablespoon Gold Medal® all-purpose flour|
|1||teaspoon ground mustard|
|1 1/2||cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (6 oz)|
|1||can (14 oz) artichoke hearts, drained, chopped|
|1/4||cup chopped drained roasted red bell peppers (from 7-oz jar) or diced pimientos|
|French or herbed bread cubes, if desired|
Alida Riddell Begins Her Fight
This post has nothing in particular to do with cakes or cookies but I would just like to express my admiration for a woman who is going through the fight of ovarian cancer right now. She has a blog that she openly discusses each phase of her struggle and it would be great if you could stop by and give her some encouragement.
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Use any type of original brownie and cookie mix to start , follow the recipe for the extras and there you have it.